This podcast episode is based on this article.
- 10 Tips to Write Better Functions in Python
- Linting tools: flake8, black and pre-commit on which we have a training: Increase Python code quality with pre-commit
- Mentioned Vim plugin I use to disallow save if there are syntax errors
- Two exception handling articles: 7 Tips to Improve Your Error Handling in Python and Errors should never pass silently
- Not mentioned but relevant for the namespaces part: When to Write Classes in Python And Why it Matters
- Useful Python Built-in Functions [Beginner / Intermediate]
- Idiomatic Python: EAFP versus LBYL
- Zen of Python (or type "import this" in the REPL) / PEP8
- A great book in this context is Uncle Bob's Clean Code.
Thanks for listening. If you struggle with this, check out our PDM coaching program where we can significantly increase your Python and developer skills in 10 weeks.