This week we talk with Mike Driscoll, a Python developer and content creator / book writer.
We talk about:
- how he got into programming and Python (and the importance of community),
- how he uses Python at work for an automated test framework (to test C++ GUI apps),
- how he got into Python content creation through blogging and later writing 9 (!) books,
- how to keep up with new technology,
- how to stay consistent and motivated in producing content,
- the fundamental skills as a Python developer these days,
- dealing with imposter syndrome (realizing you might have more to bring to the table than you think!)
- learning new libraries, the benefit of pair programming (for both junior and senior engineers),
- and more ...
You can get in touch with Mike on Twitter and/or on PyBites Slack.
You can also check out his blog, books and YouTube.