This week we talk about the challenge of changing jobs and that a lateral move is sometimes strategically smarter for your longer term goals.
Main take aways of this episode:
- Being in a certain role for too long you might become too comfortable and in order to grow you'll need to become uncomfortable again.
- Take advice from others with a grain of salt, keep a varied group of "advisors" to make the best (unbiased) decision.
- Sometimes you have to take one step backwards, to take two or three steps forward.
- You are the an accumulation of your past experiences. Don't underestimate this! Leverage your adjacent skills when applying for a new job.
- And remember, you are never ready, you'll get ready when you actually start executing!
On that note, if you're serious about taking your Python career to the next level, aiming high and thinking big, then come talk to us.
We have helped people double their income, earn freedom they thought was impossible, become prolific open source contributors and more.
This is well within reach for most of us as long as you combine consistent effort with the proper guidance. If you want to get to your goals faster, book a strategy session with us.
Books mentioned: Super Human and Game Changers